Garmin Forerunner 920XT
The more you get into triathlons or ultras, the more metrics you can understand and exploit. The latest generation of Garmin’s swim-bike-run watch includes V02Max for running and cycling (requires HRM strap, not included); a metronome; treadmill support; running dynamics like vertical oscillation, ground contact time, and cadence (requires HRM-RUN monitor, not included); and daily activity tracking of your steps and sleeping hours. Also has a move alert. New Bluetooth smart and WiFi connectivity supports a live tracking function (your real-time location and stats broadcast to selected contacts). Garmin Connect IQ lets you pick the 3rd party apps that best meet your needs. Everything is displayed on a vivid colour screen for instant comprehension at a glance.
- GPS also receives GLONASS satellites for increased accuracy.
- Doubles as remote control for Garmin VIRB action camera.
- Bluetooth Smart (for Android and iOS) allows call/text alerts, Live Tracking, workout uploads, firmware updates, pre-population of satellite data for faster GPS acquisition, and more.
- Changes sport modes with a simple press of a button.
- Tracks personal records.
- Recovery advisor and race predictor (requires HRM strap, not included).
- Virtual partner function allows training with a digital coach or partner.
- Virtual racer functions lets you compete against your own time, friends or pro athlete on Garmin Connect.
- Training calendar downloads training plans and workout schedules.
- Metronome helps you maintain a specific stride rate while training or running drills.
- Swim functions include drill mode, interval/rest timer, distance, pace, stroke type and count, and SWOLF score.
- ANT+ connectable to bike speed and cadence sensors, foot pods, bike power meters and fitness equipment.
- Rechargeable battery lasts up to 40 hours in UltrTrac mode, up to 24 hours in training mode and up to 4 months in watch mode.